Technology has been changing virtually all industries, and healthcare is no exception. At Advantage Spine & Disc in Boise, ID, we understand that technology and providing high-quality healthcare are inseparable. For this reason, we have ground-breaking treatments like cold laser therapy to help treat numerous conditions.
What Is Cold Laser Therapy?
Also known as low-level laser therapy (LLLT), cold laser therapy works by emitting low-intensity light to stimulate healing. The term “cold” refers to a low-power light source that isn't strong enough to heat body tissues.
A cold laser works by emitting infrared radiation at specific wavelengths into your skin. This energy penetrates deep within the dermis, where it stimulates collagen production. Collagen helps keep connective tissues strong and flexible. Cold laser therapy also enhances the regeneration of new cells to replace the damaged ones.
Conditions Treated by Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy has been around for about 30 years and is quickly taking a foothold in the medical world. This therapy is effective in treating numerous conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system, including:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Tennis elbow
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Post-surgical pain
- Neck, back, and leg pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Due to its versatile nature, cold laser therapy is widely used in different medical fields, including chiropractic, dermatology, dentistry, ophthalmology, orthopedics, sports medicine, neurology, pain management, and plastic surgery.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
Want to free yourself from chronic pain? Cold laser therapy can help. This treatment has been proven to provide relief for many conditions not responding to other treatments. Below are the benefits you accrue from cold laser therapy:
- Non-invasive and drug-free: Cold laser therapy doesn't use medications and surgery. While medications are sometimes essential in providing relief, overuse can lead to addiction. Besides, some people are not tolerant to drugs due to side effects like nausea, headaches, and allergic reactions. On the other hand, surgery uses anesthesia, which brings along other health complications.
- Reduced recovery time: Cold laser therapy has been found to reduce recovery time in patients who have suffered an acute injury or undergone surgery.
- It's safe: If you are worried about the safety of cold laser therapy, don't be. This treatment is FDA-approved to treat numerous conditions.
- Minimal side effects: Cold laser therapy generates minimal side effects that only last for a few minutes. Unlike other laser therapies that generate heat, cold laser therapy is painless and gentle, making it suitable for most patients.
Book an Appointment with Our Chiropractor Today!
Are you ready to take advantage of the benefits of cold laser therapy? Schedule an appointment with Advantage Spine and Disc of Boise, ID. Our licensed chiropractor, Dr. Ricks, uses a whole-person approach to help our patients maintain optimal health.