Neck Pain FAQ with Our Chiropractor in Boise, ID
Boise, ID, chiropractor, Dr. Jaime Ricks, take questions and concerns about neck pain. Why does my neck hurt? What can I do to ease my neck pain? Join us as we answer these and other frequently asked questions.
What causes neck pain?
Neck discomfort can be identified without any specific diagnosis. Our chiropractor provides security to the common causes of neck pain:
- Problems with spinal discs, including degenerative disc disease, disc herniation, and disc bulge
- Cervical spondylosis, similar to arthritis of the spine
- Muscle strains
- Cervical stenosis, or narrowing of spaces between cervical bones
- Ligament sprains
- Whiplash syndrome, caused by forceful bending of the neck
- Compression of a cervical nerve root
What does neck pain feel like?
Neck pain can settle throughout your upper body causing headaches. Depending on the individual, your pain may be dull, achy, throbbing, sore, or sharp. It may stay within the neck area or spread into the shoulders and arms, especially if a cervical nerve is compressed.
Many people with neck pain also experience neck stiffness, headaches, and jaw pain. Left unchecked, these symptoms gradually become worse.
What are the risk factors for neck pain?
Anyone can develop neck pain. Although it appears most often in women and older adults. In addition to gender and age, other risk factors for neck pain include:
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Sitting for too long in one position
- Repetitive overhead movements
Why you should see our chiropractor for neck pain
Neck pain can be a significant source of dysfunction. Our chiropractor can help if you have neck pain by providing personalized services. Chiropractic treatments for neck pain include spinal adjustments, physical therapy, corrective exercises, and innovative, non-invasive modalities like cold laser therapy. These treatments will support spinal health, promote tissue healing, and address any existing issues.
Is neck pain preventable?
There are several things you can do to prevent neck pain or recover from neck pain more quickly:
- Stay physically active
- Avoid sitting in one position for too long
- Reduce stress
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- See a chiropractor routinely to ensure your spinal alignment and function are optimal
Do you struggle with neck pain?
Contact Advantage Spine and Disc at (208) 336-2225 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor in Boise, ID.